Your pages and menu have already been set up for you, including an about you, blog & contact page.
All pages you can change, including the title, the menu will then adapt automatically.
Note: Your shop and shop-pages are shop, cart, check-out and my account, and you should not rename these, as then your shop will no longer work!
- To see all pages, hover over ‘Pages’ in the left bar, and choose ‘all pages’ or click op ‘Pages’
- You can instantly see if anybody left a comment on any page
- Hover over the page title to get the option to Edit, Quick Edit, remove or view the page directly
- As is mostly the case there is help available from the Help menu in the top right
Note: If you are logged in you will also have an Edit link at the bottom of the page when viewing, or at the black bar on top.
- Title: You can change this if you like. The menu will change accordingly.
- Use these icons to mark up your text in the body. If you see only a single row use the toggle icon to show all. You can align text, make it bold, a different colour, add links… simply select a bit of text to mark up, and press the related icon to change the appearance.
- This is the body of the text. You can add photos, youtube video’s, links… and write about yourself.
- To add photos click ‘Add media’ to choose a photo from your library, or to upload a new item.
See also next paragraph about adding media.
- Mind that you can change the status of your pages, products and posts. Here is where you can set them to draft, protect them with a password or set them to private. You can also schedule them to be automatically published on a later date or hour. After the first save you also have an option to see earlier versions, and to revert to these if needed.
- You can change the view of the page by choosing a different template here. Choices depend on your theme, and mostly will include a full page with no sidebars if you do not want to show these.
- When typing WordPress regularly saves automatically, but not the full page. Please do not forget to press the Update button regularly to save the page!
- If you do not see the images and text you might be in text-mode. This is where you can enter HTML code, like embed codes for you-tube video’s, or solve some small lay-out problems in case you have some coding knowledge.
You can switch from visual to code view here. Sometimes wordpress switches automatically…
Tip: If you want to change an image in the text, just click on the image, a little bar with alignment options will open, and you can drag the corners to change size, or drag the image to another position.
Note: If you would like to have additional pages you can make these yourself, to add these to your menu please contact us and we’ll do this for you.